Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Song of the Week

Ok, so there's no real reason for me wanting to post thing song other than I really like it and it comes off a great record.  This is "there are seagulls who live in parking lots" by Skeletons and the Girl-Faced Boys.  The record is called "Git" on the Ghostly International label and it is fantastic.  I picked this one up years ago based soley on the description I read in an email newsletter and I wasn't disappointed.  This record is weird, poppy, exciting, surprising...and this song is more of a mellower cut from the record.

Thind band has changed it's name to Skeletons and the Kings of All the Cities, then just Skeletons, and now it's Skeleton$?  THose name changes really make it hard to track down new stuff from them and  I haven't heard too much from them in a while.  Searching for them while I write this down, I hope I've stumbled across new music of theirs that has escaped my radar.  Even if not, I've at least tracked 'em down!

Enjoy!    

No comments:

Post a Comment